Monday, September 20, 2010

blood clot

Last night Tim and i went to the ER because my picc line was causing me a lot of pain. I had no swelling or redness just pain, and could not move my arm. They did a ultrasound to rule out a blood clot, unfortunately i have a blood clot that goes from my arm into my neck. I guess they are not that worried about it moving since it is rather large. They removed the picc last night and it was extremely painful but i am so glad its out! I don't think i am going to let them put another one it, i have given them both my arms an infection a blood clot and almost all my patience. I have surgery on Thurs and next Monday and they just want to make sure i am getting good nutrition. I will have to give my self shots of blood thinner everyday in my stomach. The blood thinner won't get rid of the clot my body should break that down on its own, but it will just make sure i don't form any new clots. They had to draw so much blood yesterday and some had to be sent to harborview for some special tests, every time harborview would get my blood it was clotted and they wanted new blood. Finally around 3 am after the 5th or 6th draw it worked. Tim stayed with me all night and will be staying until we know more. All my love

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment