Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wed, April 28th Cancer free, and NO MORE CHEMO!

No more light at the end of the tunnel! I am out of the tunnel as of today - NO MORE CHEMO. I met with Dr. Hawkins today and we went over the scans. There is no visual evidence of cancer. Combine that with the extreme effects the chemo has had on me along with the resultant medical difficultties, we made the decision that the marginal benefits of more chemo did not justify another 12 weeks of chemotherapthy. Dr. Hawkins saw that I was having trouble making the decision so he helped make it with his input. It is almost unbelievable! I am extremely happy. I still have lots of PT and follow up appointments, but the relief I feel is tremendous. My Dad was with me and we just hugged and cried together, which is ironic because we did the same thing on the first day of chemo back in August!! Thanks for all your prayers, but don't stop them yet! All my love

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Mary, my prayers never stopped. I knew you could do it! It's been a long road as you have endured so much. You truly are an inspiration!! I am sooooo happpppy for you!
    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete