Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Dad's Point of View
Mary is letting me (her dad) guest blog today. Mary and I are in her hospital room where she has been since she got out of ICU late Sunday night. After a great week which included the pool therapy, she started running a fever. She was admitted to ICU through the ER after spiking at 105 F. Her fever ran high for several days, her blood pressure plummetted to the 70s over the 30s, her pulse was racing, and her abdomen was greatly distended. Mom and Dad, and Annie and the grandkids skipped Easter Mass, piled into two cars, and headed to Children's to be with Mary. Easter Day was not a good day for Mary! C-Dif (see previous blogs) had taken over her gut, to the point where surgery to remove her colon was a very real possibility. Massive amounts of antibiotics finally took effect as did the meds to increase her BP. It is now Wednesday and she has come back from the brink. Her abdomen is slowly returning to normal, but she has to be monitored closely for some time, hence the lengthy hospitilization. She cannot have anything to eat or drink, except ice chips. Mary is starting to question just how much more her body can take. I am amazed at how much it has taken and has recovered from. Thses last eight months have brought Mary and I closer together for which I am grateful. Prayers are always welcome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment