All of the worry and stress about the feeding tube is over,its in and I hate it. Its all but pleasant. Having a tube shoved up your nose then taking a turn going down to your stomach isn't the best feeling. It was an emotional day for me, I always thought a feeding tube would be a last resort and that I would never let it happen. I do, in a way, feel that I have failed. I have tried so hard to eat everyday and eat a lot. Its hard at 24 to admit that you can't feed yourself anymore and its just hard having a feeding tube. Now I am bald and have tubes coming out of my face, its just a hard adjustment. I will get a wig soon, hopefully this will help with my appearance as I am starting to look like a boy. Apparently this feeding tube will make me feel a lot better and give me a lot more energy. We will see... but for now I still hate it.
All my love
Mary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Warren and Odessa had feeding tubes in the NICU and it was the saddest thing. Warren used to hook his finger right by the nose and ripe the tube out and pull the tape off his face. It got so bad his little cheeks would bleed... I advise you not to ripe the tube out. (Ha Ha)!
ReplyDeleteMary,
ReplyDeleteYou don't look like a boy! You are beautiful! The feeding tube is just one step in this long process that leads to your recovery. I love you.
Dad
Mary,
ReplyDeleteYou are so beautiful- no need to worry about looking like a boy. That feeding tube is going to help your body so much, so hang in there. I think you're amazing and I love you.
YOU, Mary, could never ever look like a boy! You are beautiful inside and out. XOXO
ReplyDelete