Friday, September 18, 2009

discharge and information overload

So I am in the process of being discharged, and we got to meet the lovely lady who gave us instructions for the feeding tube. I don't know if I was just bitter, stressed or if it was the progesterone pill they gave me today but I have never wanted to slap and shake someone more in my life. The lady just was so disorganized and talking about formula and flushing tubes I have no idea I stopped listening and let Tim and my Mom hopefully they figured it out, but I was so irritated! Just the word formula made me want to start balling hysterically and shout i am not a baby. This is going to be more work than just eating, uh i wish i could just rip this tube out but i am sure that would be uncomfortable and then they would just drag me back in here to go through the agony of getting it put back in, so i won't. To say the least annoying but she is gone and i am being discharged and get to go home and hide myself inside until i feel good enough to get my bald head and backpack of nutrients (formula)to go out with me, and that will probably be Sunday because i have a Dr appointment because i might need a blood transfusion. All my love

Mary

P.S. the nurses at Children's are amazing and i love them!

1 comment:

  1. Mary, Wish I could give you a hug... I'm glad to hear you were discharged! I hope that formula makes you feel better and puts some weight back on that little body. Is the backpack at least a little cute that carries your nourishment?! We all miss you here and please know that you are in our thoughts ALL the time. Love you, Mel, Vaughan and Goose
    P.S. Fiona wanted to build Children's Hospital out of Legos today. She says you are living there until you get better. She talks about you every day. xoxox

    ReplyDelete