Wednesday, December 23, 2009

All Done!!!





yay today was my last day of radiation! I was so surprised when i walked out into the waiting room my friend Cherise was waiting with a balloon and a card, the radiation team gave me this cute hand made certificate and they all signed it. My throat is awful and the skin is extremely red and blistering. I am just so excited that i don't have to have any more radiation although i know next week the pain is supposed to be worse and the skin will get worse as well. They gave me lotions and dressings and i will do that everday to try and speed up the recovery process. Internally the recovery process will be really slow, but i am hoping it goes a little faster. Enjoy the photos of the mask and my awful skin! All my love

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Mary, I am so glad you are done with radiation and you have conquered that awful mask! I love you so much! I hope you are getting excited for the holidays now that you are done at UW. I miss you millions and I can not wait to see you again. You are amazing to me! You are kicking that cancer's butt! I love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, We are following along here in Battle Ground. I am glad that you posted the pictures of the mask and your inflamed skin. Your mom and dad tell us of these things but a picture is truly worth a thousand words. I am so glad that this phase of treatment is over! You are a real trooper and an inspiration. You have our love and prayers, and that goes for Tim too. We love ya. Aunt Debbie and the Nelsons

    ReplyDelete