Hi everyone today i decided to start a blog! I just wanted to take this time to thank everyone for all the love and support and for being part of my life! I feel so lucky to have so many amazing friends and family support and love! Tim and i will try to update this blog everyday!
For those of you that don't know i have been diagnosed with Rhabdomyosarcoma, a cancerous tumor of tissue that was found in my throat. Rhabdo is rare and commonly found in children and mostly effects the limbs and other areas of the body. The final pathology report is not back yet but they believe it to be low-risk embryonal. Treatment for Rhabdomyosarcoma consists of chemotherapy and radiation therapy. I will have 12 weeks of chemo 5 weeks of radiation and then another 12 weeks of chemo. I am being treated at Children’s hospital in Seattle for the chemo and UW for radiation. Late this week or early next week i will have a surgery to have a indwelling central line which is a plastic catheter tube put in my chest. This central line will be used to administer chemo drugs and to draw blood. I will also have a PET scan done, this scan will just check to make sure the cancer has not spread. I do have two “active” lymph nodes, I might have a biopsy done on them but even if they are cancerous it probably won’t affect treatment.
Until tomorrow
Mary
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMary & Tim,
ReplyDeleteThank you for thinking of this. There are so many of us and so many ways of communicating, I think this is the answer. It could get tiring and very repetitive calling or emailing everyone all the time about what is happening. The girls and I have you in our prayers, morning and night, family and personal. We love you guys. Make sure to tell us when help is needed. The girls are excited because they finally have the medical term for the type of cancer, they're ready to do some research.
We Love You
Take Care of Each Other
Later
Kristina & Girls
Mary,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Rick Perez. I am a friend fo your father. You and Annie baby sat for our kids Nick, Stephen and Christa about 10 years ago. Your Dad told me about your situation and this blog. We will be praying for you. Oh, and Congratulations on your engagement!
Hey Mary,
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about you all week. I know this is the worst of your treatments now. I have been trying to get Aidan to say your name but it comes out as may may (cute) or Murray. Love you Aunt Murray!
Amber and Aidan