So i have not posted it a while. I had chemo on Monday and felt fine..until i got home! All the symptoms at once,Dizziness i could not keep food or water down, awful mouth sores. The only time i got up was when we had to leave for children's the next day at 3. I got a nuelasta shot this is a white blood cell booster to help support your natural defenses and help reduce the risk of infection. The nurse looked at me a immediately accessed my port for liquids and anti nausea drugs, i guess to her i must of looked like death. That helped a lot or at least until 6 hours later when it began all over again!
Later that day a little 2 year old girl came skipping through the oncology clinic bald head, tubes up her nose but was smiling at everyone, and i realized that if she could come and leave from chemo everday with a smile than so should i!
Love
Mary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Mary,
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear you're doing better today. I've talked to you everyday, but I have missed seeing you so much!I want you to know that you are not forgotten, not one moment goes by that I haven't worried about how you are doing. You are an amazing person and I love you so much; we all do... Mel, Vaughan & Goose xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Isn't it amazing the influence children can have on us. we as adults always think we know how to do it right...but we don't ever get it right until a child shows us. My own kids are always reminding me. I'm glad to hear that your feeling better. I've been thinking a lot about you this week and praying for you. I had the flu Wed and Thursday...still have a little of the bug today (Friday). I thought of you the whole time. I love you Mary, you can do this, your might be tiny but you pack a mean punch.
ReplyDeleteLove
Kristina
Dear Mary,
ReplyDeleteI will call you today. I am so glad I found your blog. It is great to be able to share this way and not have to repeat the details over and over to each of us. I hope you are feeling better. I don't think the port will continue to bother you. It is a great way to avoid all the IV sticks.
I am putting your package together and should be able to mail it this weekend.
Everyone loves you!
It is great to know that you are surrounded by so many wonderful caring and supportive people.
Love,
Aunt Lynn